If you don’t own an ID document or Yoti doesn’t accept the ID document you own, there are other ways to add details to your digital ID.
Apply for a CitizenCard
If you live in the United Kingdom you can apply online for a CitizenCard. This is a government-approved form of ID which you can add to your Yoti.
CitizenCard proof of age and ID cards are available in three age categories:
- 18+ for adults;
- 16-17 for young people over 16; and
- 'under 16' for children.
Add details without an ID document
Adding an ID document allows us to verify your identity and add your verified personal details to your Yoti.
If you don’t add an ID document, you can still add some details that can be verified:
- Estimated age: If you want to add your age to your Yoti without an ID document, you can try our age estimation tool by going to Personal Details > Yoti Estimated Age. Please note some businesses might require a verified date of birth.
- Address: If you want to add your home address, we can verify this with a third-party provider.
- Photo: You can add a photo to your Yoti, which will be verified by matching this to the scan you took of your face during onboarding.
- Contact details: We can verify your mobile number and email address by sending you a OTP (one time PIN) and verification code email.
If you don’t add an ID document, you won’t be able to add your full name, date of birth, gender or nationality to your Yoti.
If you’re trying to use the Yoti app to get verified on a website or by another person, please get in touch and we can offer you advice on how to do this without an ID document.