When someone creates a Yoti, we ask them to enter their mobile number. We then send a text message containing a unique code to that number. They have to enter that code into the Yoti app in order to continue to the next step. So if someone else entered your mobile number, they would not receive the text message with the code (you would get it instead!) and they would not be able to continue.
Articles in this section
- How do I know Yoti is secure?
- What if someone tries to create a Yoti using my mobile number?
- Won't adding my ID document to Yoti make me vulnerable to identity fraud?
- How does Yoti stop people creating fake accounts?
- Why should I trust Yoti with my information?
- How often do you evaluate Yoti’s security?
- What would happen to my information if Yoti got hacked?
- Can Yoti see my data?
- What information does Yoti store about me?
- What does Yoti do with my information?